DAT files (Object-Types)
To create an object to use in the Simutrans world, you need a parameter file (name.dat). This file defines the characteristics of the object. The parameter files are plain text files, which can be created and modified with any text editor.
The parameters of several objects can be summarized into a single dat file. Then the single segments are to be separated by ----.
A comment line begins with #.
Here is an overview about the most current object types:
- Player Vehicle (vehicles, trains, ships, etc)
- City Vehicle (citycar)
- Way (way) (road, track, etc)
- Way object (overhead wires)
- Signals/Traffic signs (roadsigns)
- Ground_obj (moving objects like birds, sheep etc)
- Ground ( vers. 0.99.xx - 0.112.xx )
- Ground parameters ( vers. 0.120.0.1 + )
- Window skin object parameters ( vers. 0.112.3 and older )
- Theme ( vers. 0.120.0.1 + )
Common parameters for several object types
Full list of sub-pages:
Last wiki comments